HOW TO: SUPER MOISTURISING HOMEMADE DOG SHAMPOO
Anyone who has ever been a dog owner knows that dog shampoo can be expensive! Not to mention all the 6 syllable ingredients they pack in there, that does who knows what to your dogs precious skin and fur.
This super moisturising homemade dog shampoo is perfect for any dog who suffers from dry skin and fur, all you will need is:
- a handful of Rosemary branches (moisturises skin and softens fur)
- 1 Cup of Oats (soothes itchy skin)
- 3/4 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil (Moisturises and adds shine)
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1/2 of White or Apple Cider Vinegar (Cleanses)
- 2 Tablespoons of organic, gentil baby shampoo (I used GAIA Natural Baby Shampoo, and have seen that Dr Bronner’s Castile Soap is a popular alternative in America)
- Essential Oils (optional)
The ‘How To”:
- Boil up 2 cups of water (and one for a cup of tea!)
- Put the two cups of water into a saucepan or large bowl with a handful of rosemary branches and leave the water to cool.
- Once cooled, put 1 cup of the water and the 1 cup of oats into a blender, and blend the oats down to be as fine as possible.
- Add in the rest of the rosemary water, with the half a cup of white vinegar, 3/4 of a tablespoon of coconut oil (gently melted) and 2 tablespoons of baby shampoo. Mix well.
- If you would like you dog to smell extra lovely after their bath, you can also add in a couple of drops of a dog friendly essential oil (e.g. lavander or eucalyptus).
Note: when it’s finished, the shampoo will smell a little vinegary. Don’t stress, this smell will fade quickly as your dogs fur dries.
Make sure to share this recipe if you like it! And of course comment below if you have any tips and suggestions for making it better 🙂